Saturday, August 27, 2016

Aug 23, 2016
Combat gardening against 101,000,000 mosquitos

My record number of mosquito bites in two minutes I think currently sits at 
8. We'll see if I can improve this week. I've been trying to track how many I 
can kill in a certain period of time, but half the time I squish them and then 
they don't actually die because they turn in mosquito zombies. Such is 
Alaskan life.
I found Dana this week! Who is Dana, you may ask? Well, when Sister
Rollins was way back in Fairbanks in March, she met Dana while
volunteering at the Foodbank. She asked Dana if she wanted to meet
with missionaries, and Dana said yes, but she lived in North Pole.  Sister 
Rollins unfortunately failed to get any contact information from her and 
things happened in such a way that she didn't think she would ever see 
Dana again. Fast forward to July, and Sister Rollins happens to see Dana 
in the Foodbank parking lot! So she asks her for contact information and 
only gets a street name. And of course, this isn't a short street... But it's 
something.

So Sister Rollins, on exchanges with Sister Oliver, determines that she's 
going to find Dana. They drive down the street... And pick out two houses 
and their first two candidates. Walk up the driveway, ring the doorbell, and 
who would answer? Dana of course! Obviously. If this is the Lord's work
and Sister Rollins is supposed to find Dana, she'll find Dana. So she did. 
Now Dana has a Book of Mormon and an appointment with the 
missionaries this week. Good stuff.

Read your scriptures, don't do drugs, and don't dye your clothes or your 
bathtub yellow.

Love you all!

Sister Christine Rollins


Me and Sister Oliver after our exchange.

Sister Johnson and I also got a pumpkin from Tricia's garden. 

I helped plant the cabbages in June and now we're harvesting before
the moose get them! This is me and Tricia, she's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment