Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Aug 1, 2016
When your companion gets hit in the face by a door whilst tracting... You keep going

Wow! It's been a crazy good week :) I'll attempt to catch the highlights.

So my new companion is Sister Johnson! She hails from near Modesto, California (Waterford 
if you want to get technical or actually know anything about California.) She's brand new in the
 mission field, but you can hardly even tell! She already teaches like a boss and even 
committed someone we're teaching to baptism on October 1st. It was definitely a lesson 
planned and taught by the Spirit, which was awesome. Daniel is super excited to prepare for 
that day! He has been reading the Book of Mormon every day like a champ and can't wait to
continue to progress! Apologies for the excessive exclamation marks, but it's exciting!

It won't stop raining up here... We were walking down the street yesterday and got to a puddle 
we had to walk through. Sister Johnson's starting to learn real fast a lot about the fun side of 
missionary work, wet shoes and all :)

Sister Johnson also has acquired her Alaskan cold... It's been a good week for her :) luckily I've 
avoided it.

I'm doing quite well, but the good thing is it's not about me! It's all about service, and as we 
remember Mosiah 2:17 we can all glorify Jesus and be happy :) in all seriousness, though, I've 
never been happier than these past few weeks just devoting myself to helping others come unto 
Christ. I'm going to use my last four months of this the best I can! Love you all!

Sister Rollins

 Sister Johnson and I outside the temple!  We're super in sync and both wore purple cardigans the first day
I got to go to the temple with these wonderful sisters who are now home...Shout out to Kaeli and Michelle  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment