Monday, February 1, 2016

February 2, 2016
Ice cleats make it much easier to walk
Hey, this is my district



Hey, this is my district. They're pretty cool. We've had a lot of adventures this week, 
including chasing reindeer through poop mud (yes, our phone still smells nasty) and 
singing to people to invite them to come to church. 

We gave one lady that we're teaching a tour of the church, which was neat (I've set up 
probably about 7 chapel tours, and this is the first one that hasn't cancelled!) The 
coolest part about it was when we walked into the chapel part of the building and she 
said she could feel a difference between that and the rest of the building. She described 
that she just felt warm inside, at peace. I love hearing other people's initial reactions 
to being in a church building or reading the Book of Mormon, especially Mary's - she's 
pretty analytical but also pays attention to her feelings. 

Oh, in other news, I'm headed to Fairbanks! I'll be over two wards, sharing one with 
elders and then the YSA in Fairbanks. Yay for coldness, I'll probably survive. I've now 
been in the furthermost southern place for sisters and the furthermost north! 

Stay strong, go to church, repent daily. Read this quote from Carol F McConkie: 
"This sacred work is about developing a broken heart, a contrite spirit, and a 
willingness to use our divine gifts and unique talents to do the Lord's work in His 
way."

God is good!

Sister Rollins

No comments:

Post a Comment